Although the present church was not built until 1901, the congregation has been meeting since 1896, when Mr. Seebring was recorded as the group's first minister. The congregation was originally known as the Methodist Episcopal Church at Hogan (Kniman's former name), and it was the Methodist Episcopal Church at Kniman until 1968, when the denomination consolidated with the United Brethren. The churches first trustees were elected on August 24, 1897 and they were William Handley, H. O. Hoshawe, Alonzo Payer, Otto Kennedy, George F. Meyers and Frederick Meiser. The fellowship hall was built in 1989 and was connected to the church in 1993.
In 2019, the Ruth and Gloria Hanewich Memorial Pavillion was added, providing a place for outdoor services and community activities.
In 2020, the church sanctuary was expanded to provide additional seating. In addition, new siding and metal roof were completed on the church.